Abstract and financial aid application submission is open
We are pleased to announce the opening of the Call for Abstracts for the 49th Annual Alcohol Epidemiology Symposium of the Kettil Bruun Society (KBS), to be held in Fremantle, Australia from 27 to 31 May 2024.
The primary purpose of the annual KBS symposium is to provide a forum for researchers involved in studies on alcohol to exchange ideas about their ongoing research. Therefore, empirical research, theoretical papers and reviews of the literature are welcome. Social and epidemiological studies are interpreted in a broad context as they may include research in a variety of disciplines, such as psychology, sociology, anthropology, criminology, economics, history, public health and other disciplines.
The Symposium focuses on discussion of pre-circulated papers. Papers are presented in 10-minute segments followed by a discussant's comments and general audience participation. Any person submitting a paper may be asked to be a discussant or chair of a session.
Papers can be on any topic broadly related to alcohol epidemiology and alcohol policy, previous conferences have broadly grouped the program into the following topics:
- theory and conceptual issues (drinking cultures, diagnostic classifications and concepts, history, anthropology and economics, ethical considerations);
- epidemiology (drinking patterns & drinking consequences);
- policy (public policies and role of the alcohol industry);
- behaviour change, interventions and treatment; and
- methodology (instruments and measurements, modelling and quantitative methods, qualitative and mixed approaches).
We are especially aiming for a strong program of work around the alcohol and First Nations people cutting across all these themes.
The word limit for the abstract is 250 words (maximum 3 keywords). The abstract must always include a sentence (Declaration of Interest) stating whether there exists any relationship that could be viewed as presenting a potential conflict of interest (if so, a full disclosure must be given).
Abstract submission and financial aid applications are open now.
- The deadline for submission of abstracts as well as applications for financial aid is 02 February 2024
- Abstract and financial aid decisions will be communicated by late February 2024
- Early bird registration will be available until 15 March 2024
- Early career scientists who present papers at this year’s conference can apply for the Ole-Jørgen Skog Award. The deadline for sending in your contribution is 26 April 2024.
- The deadline for submission of abstracts as well as applications for financial aid is 02 February2024.
- Remember to create your KBS 2024 account to access submission forms.
» Back to all news «